MultiPurpose Corrosion Cell
The MPM Machinery & Testing, LLC., MultiPurpose Corrosion Cell (MC2) is very versatile and is extremely easy to use. The MPM MC2 can be used with all commercially available electrochemical measurement systems and can accommodate a wide variety of flat specimen geometries. The specific applications and features are discussed below.
The MC2 can be used for nearly any electrochemical experiment including the following:
- Galvanic Corrosion
- Cyclic Voltametry
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
- Electrochemical Noise Measurement
All of the above experiments can be performed in de-aerated conditions.
The MPM MC2 design incorporates many innovative features which combine to produce a versatile and easy to use product. Some of the key features are listed below:
- Crevice free measurements achieved through the optional MPM masking or high temperature coating material
- Integrated Luggin probe design minimizes uncompensated solution resistance
- Solution temperatures up to 80ºC with acrylic cell body and ends
- Solution temperatures up to 260ºC with Teflon cell body and ends
- Robust color-coded electrical connection
- Fittings provided for de-aeration
- Sample sizes up to 2 cm thick by any desired width can be used
- Sample test areas with diameters of up to 1.9 cm can be tested
- Drain line for safe solution disposal
- Fast/easy disassembly for cleaning
- Detachable counter electrodes
- Standard cells are constructed from acrylic and have a polycarbonate body
- Standard cell volumes range from 70 ml to 500 ml
MPM also offers custom design and manufacturing services. Cells can be constructed with acrylic, polypropylene, or Teflon ends and any desired material for the body including glass. Various cell geometries can be accommodated. We will be happy to provide a price quote for a custom cell.